NBN Co was established in 2009 to design, build and operate Australia’s wholesale broadband access network. Underpinned by a purpose to connect Australia and bridge the digital divide, nbn’s key objective is to ensure all Australians have access to fast broadband as soon as possible, at affordable prices, and at least cost.
Below is an introduction from Wally Ballout, a Community Ambassador who works in the Community & Stakeholder Engagement team in Victoria.
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, I am Wally Ballout, and I am part of the nbn™ Community & Stakeholder Engagement team here in beautiful Victoria. My role is very expansive, and involves operations such as visiting local community groups, seniors’ centres, local businesses, and special interest groups in both regional and metro Victoria. In the process, my aim is to raise awareness by presenting key information and talking points about the nbn™ access network. I have also worked on disaster relief missions to help communities in crisis.
My/ my teams purpose is to ensure communities have all the necessary information during the rollout of the nbn™ access network, and to show all the amazing things you can do through the power of the nbn™. We provide communities a forum to ask questions and troubleshoot any concerns. We are simply here to help you along your nbn™ journey.
We have several bespoke presentations available, all of which can be tailored to suit the needs of our audiences. I have included a summary below regarding some of the different presentations we offer, absolutely free of charge. Whilst we are currently limited to only virtual delivery (over the internet) due to government restrictions, we have found that these virtual presentations are very interactive and give us the flexibility to plan and organise sessions with less lead-time. It is also especially convenient for those individuals in the audience, being able to join a session from the comfort of their own homes.
- What is nbn™, and the status of the rollout.
- What the nbn™ means for you, and how to connect.
- How the nbn™ affects your existing landline phone and medical alarms.
- Power outages.
- Scams to be wary of.
- How to select the best plan for your household (speed choices).
- How working from home can affect your internet requirements (bandwidth).
- Simple steps that can improve your connection inside your house / apartment / office building (modems, Wi-Fi boosters).
nbn™ Scams Awareness:
- How to protect yourself and identify different types of nbn-related scams.
- What common scams sound like and relevant examples.
- What to do and who to contact if you think you have been involved in a scam.
After each presentation, ample time is allocated for Q&A, and a group discussion. I am more than happy to hold multiple sessions and/ or repeat sessions if you believe it would be beneficial for you and your group.
I am looking forward to meeting you. My direct mobile number is advertised within this advertisement, so please feel free to get in touch.